Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Jigsaws...


People who grew up with me know I LOVE jigsaws. In the school holidays I would often do a big jigsaw (or 2) on the dining room table - thank goodness we had a spare big table that didn't get used every day! Mum and I spent many hours chatting over jigsaws. Now that I'm a mum, I can see how important that time together was. (Thanks, Mum)

So it was time to encourage the kids to see how they felt about jigsaws. Little Miss showed great enthusiasm a few years ago then got interested in other things. But recently she too has done jigsaws with Mum/ Grandma. She has outgrown our collection, so when we came across some bigger ones for $4 at KMart today, they had to come home with us. She chose 1000 pieces, but when she saw how small the pieces were at home, she opted to try Mummy's 750 piece one first. And the edges are done. Mr Happy also got a new one and insisted on doing it alone.

Now the kids are in bed, but I was instructed to pull out "all the balloon pieces" overnight so that Little Miss could keep going in the morning.

No comments:

code

Little Girls, Big Style: Sew a Boutique Wardrobe from 4 Easy PatternsUnexpected Afghans: Innovative Crochet Designs with Traditional Techniques